Historic Frankfort Avenue will host the FAT Friday Trolley Hop on Friday, August 29th from 6:00pm-10:30pm. Many businesses will host live music, offer special sales and serve refreshments. Free trolleys will run along Frankfort Avenue, from Cannons Lane to River Road. For more information, visit www.fatfridayhop.org.
Special activities planned for the August 29th Trolley Hop include:
- Crescent Hill Radio, 2520 Frankfort Avenue, will host a free concert on the lawn in front of the studio featuring folk/Americana band Harpeth Rising at 6:30pm, followed by the rock band Strongbird at 8:30pm. Food and beer will also be available from J. Gumbos.
- RiverPark Place Marina, 1501 River Road, will host the “Boats, Bands and Bourbon” event from 5:30pm-10:30pm featuring a live band, cash bar and food trucks.
- Fierce Salon, 2708 Frankfort Avenue, will host an Open House event including refreshments, discount coupons, and a meet-n-greet with the stylists.
- Heine Brothers, 2714 Frankfort Avenue, will offer 10% off all lemonade drinks during the Hop.
- A Reader’s Corner Bookstore, 2044 Frankfort Avenue, will host a book signing by Kris Applegate of her new book “Legendary Locals of Louisville” from 7:00pm-9:00pm.
- Lexie’s Trading Post, 2224 Frankfort Avenue, will host the Animal Care Society with adoptable pets, and anyone who donates an item for the animal center will get a free Lip Balm.
- The Tangerine Closet, 2359 Frankfort Avenue, will host live music by The Moonlight Peddlers and offer 30% off all summer inventory.
- Vint Coffee, 2309 Frankfort Avenue, will offer $1 off all beers if you mention Trolley Hop!
- Margaret’s Consignment, located at 2700 Frankfort Avenue, will host a tarot card reader, live entertainment by Tanita Gaines in the courtyard, refreshments, and a 10% discount on cash purchases.
- The Irish Rover, 2319 Frankfort Avenue, will host a Traditional Irish Music Seisuin (informal jam session) in the bar area beginning at approximately 8:00pm.
- The Comfy Cow, 2221 Frankfort Avenue, will host live music from the local blues duo Lazy 11 from 7:00pm-10:00pm on the porch.
- Just Creations, 2722 Frankfort Avenue, will host an Open House featuring food samples and 15% of all sales will be donated to Bombolulu Workshops in Kenya to help provide new sewing machines for the artisans.
- BAZ and BEA Boutique, located in the Mellwood Art Center, will host “March of the Monarchs” to raise awareness of the endangered Monarch butterfly. Monarch inspired apparel and other items will be featured, and guests can register for free milkweed plants to support the monarch’s migration and talk with a Kentucky Certified Nurseryman to learn how to attract butterflies.
- The Wine Rack, 2632 Frankfort Avenue, will host a wine tasting and Kenny’s Farmhouse Cheese sampling from 6:00pm-8:00pm.
- Varanese Restaurant, 2106 Frankfort Avenue, will host drink specials and live jazz music.
The FAT Friday Trolley Hop, held year-round on the final Friday of every month, provides free parking and trolley transportation to participating shops, restaurants and galleries. The route runs along Frankfort, Mellwood and Story Avenue from Cannons Lane to River Road. The trolley program relies on the support of member businesses to cover the cost of the free public trolley service.
The FAT Friday Corporate Sponsors are Louisville Water Company, Maker’s Mark, Mellwood Art Center, PML Real Estate Group, Property Management of Louisville, Schlafly Beer, SYSCO and 9th District Councilwoman Tina Ward-Pugh. Supporting Trolley Partners are 2023 Mid-Century Modern, A Reader’s Corner Bookstore, BAZ and BEA, Bluegrass Burgers, Bourbon Barrel Foods, Clifton Center, The Comfy Cow, Core Fluency Pilates, Crescent Hill Radio, Crescent Hill Trading Company, Crossfit Scullhouse, Eclipse Bank, El Mundo, eyedia, Frankfort Avenue Beer Depot, Heine Brothers’ Coffee, The Irish Rover, IU Alumni Chapter (Louisville/S. Indiana), J. Gumbo’s, Just Creations, Lexie’s Trading Post, Louisville Water Company, Lyndia R. Willis Hairspa, Margaret’s Consignment, Porcini, S. Bayly Boutique, Scott Nussbaum Antiques, Sister Dragonfly Gallery, Spot 5 Art Studio/Clifton Art Supply, Sweet Surrender, Ta-Dah Unique Boutique, The Tangerine Closet, The Urban Farmhouse Market, Varanese, Vint, Volare, Waterside at RiverPark Place, The Wine Rack, and Work The Metal.