Planning & Zoning – Tuesday, August 18th 1:30pm
The Committee has the following items under review:
· Zoning Ordinances:
o 7830 National Turnpike Case No. 15ZONE1004
o 3408 Bardstown Road Case No. 15ZONE1008
· An Ordinance amending the text related to allowable density within the campus subarea of the Sobro Planned Development District in Louisville Metro
While items may be on the agenda for this Committee, this does not mean all items will be acted upon or discussed. Please check with the Committee Chair prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Public Works, Bridges and Transportation – Tuesday, August 18th 3:00pm
The Committee will get an overview on the process of mowing in right-of-ways and parks from Jeffrey Brown of Metro Public Works and Marty Storch of Metro Parks.
The Committee will also review the following:
· A Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement with CSX Transportation to receive a stipend of $7,500 for the railroad crossing closure at Avoca Lane and Ridge Road
· An Ordinance amending the Metro Code of Ordinances adding a new section regarding Historical Landmarks and Preservations Districts as it relates to salvage and preservation of brick pavers removed from streets and alleys
Labor & Economic Development – Tuesday, August 18th 4:00pm
The Committee has two items up for review:
· A Resolution to fund a non-competitively negotiated professional service contract with Greater Louisville Inc.
· An Ordinance determining two parcels of land at the intersection of 30th and Muhammad Ali and 30th and West Market Street owned by Metro Government as surplus and not needed for governmental purposes and authorizing its transfer
Appropriations NDF’s CIF’s – Tuesday, August 18th 5:00pm
The Committee will review grant requests for Neighborhood Development Funds and Capital Infrastructure Funds of the 26 districts of the Louisville Metro Council.
Public Safety – Wednesday, August 19th 3:30pm
The Committee will continue its review of a proposed ordinance amending the Louisville code of Ordinances as it relates to short term rentals.
Government Accountability & Ethics – Wednesday, August 19th 4:30pm
The Committee will hear from Mary Ellen Wiederwohl of Louisville Forward who will give an update on Cordish Projects, the Omni Hotel and Colonial Gardens. The Committee will also review a resolution approving Mayria Porter, CIA, as Interim Chief Audit Executive for Louisville Metro Government.
Committee on Contracts/ Appointments – Thursday, August 20th 3:00pm
The Committee will review pending contracts and proposed appointments to Boards and Commissions of Louisville Metro Government.
Budget – Thursday, August 20th 5:00pm
The Committee will review an Ordinance approving a forgivable loan to New Directions Housing for the acquisition, rehabilitation and marketing f a single family home in the Shelby Park Neighborhood.
Meeting times are subject to change. Agendas are followed at the discretion of the Chair of each Committee. While an item may be listed, it does not mean all items will be acted upon by a committee.
To review all agendas of the committees of the Louisville Metro Council, go to the Metro Council Clerk’s web page at: http://louisvilleky.gov/
All meetings are aired live on Metro TV Time Warner Cable Channel 25. Meetings are also streamlined on the Metro Council’s website. Go to: http://louisvilleky.gov/
For more information contact:
Tony Hyatt 574-4137 / 526-3622
Stephen Haag: 574-1204 / 645-1752