The royal court for the Kentucky Derby Festival has been announced. Each princess receives $2,000 in scholarships and they must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
The princesses for 2016 are:
- Millicent Ashley Cahoon of Louisville, KY – Millicent is a junior at the University of Kentucky majoring in Psychology. She is a member of the Psi Chi Honor Society, has been on the Dean’s List for four semesters, is conducting her own Social Psychology Experiment and is pursuing a non-profit certification. Millicent volunteers with Helping Hands.
- Loandria “Andi” Julia Dahmer of Fisherville, KY – Andi is a Freshman at Western Kentucky University majoring in Economics, International Affairs and Spanish, as well as Asian Religions and Cultures. She is a Cherry Presidential Scholar, Chinese Language Flagship Program participant and Student Government Association Senator. Andi also volunteers for the Humane Society.
- Stephanie Dooper of Owensboro, KY – Stephanie is a Senior at the University of Louisville majoring in Political Science and Liberal Studies. She is the Founder of The Roosevelt Institute Campus Chapter, a Cardinal Host and Recipient of the University of Louisville Outstanding Community Engagement Award. She also volunteers for Habitat for Humanity.
- Madison Kristine Orman of Prospect, KY – Madison is a Junior at the University of Louisville majoring in Business Finance. She is a Trustee’s Scholar, has been on the Dean’s List for 5 semesters, is a Cardinal Host and a Pointe & Contemporary Dancer. She also volunteers for Neighborhood House and the American Red Cross.
- Adrienne Georgann Poole of Brandenburg, KY – Adrienne is a Freshman at the University of Kentucky majoring in Marketing. She is Co President of UK Phi Beta Lambda, Member of Student Government Leadership Development Program and News reporter for Meade County Messenger. She is also an intern with the Goodwill Industries of Kentucky.
Two alternates have also been chosen in the event one of the young ladies is unable to serve in the position. The alternates are Gabriella Torres of Louisville, KY and Brooke Elizabeth Hasl of Prospect, KY.