Is your student ready to have a great school year? Here are a few helpful reminders to get your child ready for Wednesday, August 16:
Have you registered your child or verified his or her school assignment? Call 485-6250 if you need to find out which school your child will attend or what documents you will need in order to register.
- Do you know what time school starts for your child? At most JCPS elementary schools, the hours are 9:05 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. At most middle and high schools, hours are 7:40 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- Have you confirmed your child’s transportation arrangements? If your child is walking or biking, have you discussed safety precautions regarding traffic and strangers? If your child is riding a bus, have you talked about safety issues and behavior expectations?
- Have you checked with the school about the supplies your child will need?
- Do you know if your child’s school has a dress code? Will your child need different clothes for physical education or art classes?
- Have you filled out health, emergency contact, and other forms that have been sent home?
- Has your child developed any health problems during the summer that will affect his or her school day? If so, have you notified school staff? If your child needs to take medication at school, have you made arrangements?
- Have you established an earlier bedtime to help your child get back on a school schedule?
- Have you talked to your child about starting the new school year with a positive outlook and a commitment to doing his or her best?
For more information visit our back to school page.